10.27.2006

Meow.


One of my first blog posts was based on the amigurumi cat I was planning to create. Well, I finished it a few days after I started crocheting it, but for some reason never got around to posting the finished kitty. At first, I tried putting eyes on it, but I thought it would look better without a face (which gives it a sense of mystery, I like to think). I placed a piece of craft wire in the tail, so that it would stand up, like a cat's tail would. I made small, triangular ears, and attached them to the piece. Other than that, it is an almost-exact replica of the "Amigurumi Dude" pattern found on CrochetMe. Its name is Sir, inspired by the Easter episode of Peanuts, when Marcie insists on calling Peppermint Patty "Sir."


Two views: a side profile; here's looking at you.