5.09.2007

Greek salad is a spring-like dish, and lemon chicken is an anytime favorite, so its only logical to combine the two. Yes, the "mayo" indicates that mayonnaise is used; but it isn't as disgusting as it sounds. The idea came from a mayo-covered, broiled fish recipe. I filleted a few chicken breasts, creating two pieces of chicken from each breast, spread a thin layer of homemade mayo made with lemon juice and canola oil, and then shook some lemon pepper, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder on them. I popped them into a preheated 475 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes, until the top was slightly browned and cooked through.

The greek salad was made with those small salad cucumbers (sliced), halved grape tomatoes, canned black olives (I smashed them between my fingers), and romaine lettuce. I squeezed the juice from 1/2 lemon onto the salad, added a splash of olive oil, and a few fistfuls of goat cheese; and then tossed the mixture.

Oh, and I found the maple leaf Jadeite dish at the local thrift store (only $1 each!).

No comments: