3.02.2007

More crochet & lace. The last doily I made was really fun and fast to make, so I thought I'd give lace-making another go; so I bought some pink thread, and a new needle (my other one was too small, and rusty, which made my hands stink). I located a pattern in an old Coats & Clark booklet (see picture) from the 1950's (I have no idea where it came from, I think it was tucked away in a knitting stash I bought at a garage sale or at Goodwill). Each flower motif was crocheted separately, and was joined at the corners (where you see the triangular sections joined at the point) and on each motif's sides (where it looks like mesh). After a weekend, I ended up with a three-foot square, and now its adorning the cover of my record player. Here's a pic of a few motifs:



Here's a picture of the book where I got the pattern:


I used Aunt Lydia's (Coats & Clark) size 3 crochet thread in Warm Rose color. The needle used was a 3.5 mm, I believe.

2 comments:

Miranda/vanillaxlight said...

ooooh, love the lace

mirela said...

Beautiful! Love the pink and the motifs, it really looks amazing! I would love to see a top or bolero made out of this!