12.01.2007

I've been feeling very creative lately. I think it might have to do with the snowy weather removing the distraction of the sunlight, green grass, and flowers, as well as bike rides, nature hikes, and swimming outside. Although I love snow for its beauty and "closed-in-ness" sentiment it imparts, I don't have as much to think about and admire: everything is snow.

Anyways, today was one of those exceptionally creative days, and so I channeled this energy into two things: making sticky toffee pudding cupcakes and sewing a new handbag. I must boast that the sticky toffee pudding cupcakes were a terrific idea- they baked in thirty, not sixty, minutes, and looked so cute when arranged upside down, drizzled with caramel sauce.

I thought that was the end of my messing about around the house when I suddenly got the idea in my head that I needed a new handbag (as if, I hardly use the ones I have!). So I went flipping through a few fashion magazines, and sketched up a bag that combined several of my favorite styles. Here are some not-so-lovely nighttime, taken on my less-than-wonderful camera photos of my new lovely bag.

A fuzzy shot, but the color is accurate.

A sharp shot, but the color is dark.

The bauble, which came from a second hand necklace (don't worry, it was a hopeless case).

No comments: